Fake friend quotes and fake people sayings
Be real or goodbye! Fantastic fake people quotes to help you through those fake friends.
These fake friend quotes and fake people quotes will gift you with a perspective on the difference between those who are real and those who are not.
I Hate Fake People Quotes, Fake People Quotes in English, Fake People Status, Quotes About Fake Friends and Moving on, Fake People Quotes Images, Fake Friends Quotes for Instagram, Sarcastic Quotes About Fake People, All Are Fake Quotes
All that matters is they are real friends who through thick and thin are really By Your Side!
Tell us about your favorite fake friend in the comment section below.
What are the benefits of reading these fake friend quotes?
After all, the friends that matter in life are the ones who are with you, regardless of the situation.
Don’t be fooled or believe it.
These quotes about fake friends and quotes about fake people show you how to make people see that they are under the surface.
Whether it’s through work, school, or just everyday activities, friendships are bound to develop.
Although usually friends are the ones with whom we grow and add happiness to our lives, over time, friendships can dissolve due to inherent unfavorable qualities or differences.
In addition to offering perspective, these fake friend quotes will give some advice on how to handle the discovery that someone is not really your friend.
What to do about fake friends?
We all have to deal with fake friends at work or in a social group at some point.
If you are in a friendship where you do not feel that your needs have been fully supported or accepted, perhaps it is time to end this relationship brilliantly.
If you find yourself in this situation, use these quotes about fake friends for your ability to restore trust in yourself and attract positive relationships.
We also have a collection of jealousy quotes about dealing with jealousy.
Fake People Remember to check it too.
Fake friends quotes to help you cherish the real ones
1. “Most people want to see you do better, but not doing better than them.” – London Mond
2. “The only thing more frustrating than slanderers is those foolish enough to listen to them.” – Chris Jammi
3. “Someone who smiles too much with you can sometimes frown too much with you at your back.” – Michael Bassey Johnson
4. “You will never have to question the intentions or integrity of people who have your best interest at heart.” – Germany Kent
5. “Fear of something is at the root of hate for others, and hate within will eventually destroy the hater.” – George Washington Carver
6. “Hatred imprisons the haters; love opens doors.” – Debasish Mridha
7. “A true friend never gets in your way unless you happen to be going down.” – Arnold H. Glasow
8. “Friendship is delicate as a glass, once broken it can be fixed but there will always be cracks.” – Waqar Ahmed
9. “No person is your friend who demands your silence, or denies your right to grow.” – Alice Walker
10. “The strong-minded rise to the challenge of their goals and dreams. The weak-minded become haters.” – Steve Maraboli
You might also like these lies quotes and sayings for healing and moving on.
Quotes about fake friends and moving on
11. “Fake friends are like shadows. They follow you in the sun but leave you in the dark.”
12. “Friends ask you questions; enemies question you.” ― Criss Jami, Healology
13. “Letting go of toxic people in your life is a big step in loving yourself.” – Hussein Nishah
14. “People only throw shade on what’s shining.” ― Genereux Philip
15. “Mindset matters…always. The difference found between the victorious and the envious, the successful and the haters; is mindset.” ― Steve Maraboli
16. “You create more space in your life when you turn your excess baggage to garbage.” – Chinonye J. Chudolue
17. “Controllers, abusers, and manipulative people don’t question themselves. They don’t ask themselves if the problem is them…they always say the problem is someone else.” – Darlene Quimet
18. “Learn to use the criticism as fuel and you will never run out of energy.” – Orrin Woodward
19. “It makes no sense to try to extend a friendship that was only meant to be a season into a lifetime.” – Mandy Hale
20. “Some people think that the truth can be hidden with a little cover-up and decoration. But as time goes by, what is true is revealed, and what is fake fades away.” – Ismail Haniyeh
Also check out these thought-provoking enemy quotes that will make you want to cut ties with your frenemies.
Fake friends quotes on how to deal with them
21. “False friendship, like the ivy, decays and ruins the walls it embraces; but true friendship gives new life and animation to the object it supports.” – Richard Burton
22. “We never lose friends. We simply learn who the real ones are.” – Unknown
23. “Knowledge planted in truth grows in truth. Strength born of peace loses nothing to hate.” – Aberjhani
24. “Before you count your friends, make sure you can count on them. Some friends are only around when they want something from you but are never there when you need something from them.” – Rashida Rowe
25. “A friend who stands with you in pressure is more valuable than a hundred ones who stand with you in pleasure.” – Edward G. Bulwer-Lytton
26. “Time passes and you begin to see, people for who they really are and not who they pretend to be.” – Scarlet Koop
27. “There is nothing I would not do for those who are really my friends. I have no notion of loving people by halves, it is not my nature.” ― Jane Austen
28. “Not all toxic people are cruel and uncaring. Some of them love us dearly. Many of them have good intentions. Most are toxic to our being simply because…they aren’t inherently bad people, but they aren’t the right people for us. And as hard as it is, we have to let them go.” – Daniell Koepke
29. “The jealous are troublesome to others, but a torment to themselves.” – William Penn
30. “Lovers have a right to betray you, friends don’t.” – Judy Holliday
Fake friends quotes 2022 for those who betrayed you
31. “Stay away from lazy parasites, who perch on you just to satisfy their needs, they do not come to alleviate your burdens, hence, their mission is to distract, detract and extract, and make you live in abject poverty.” – Michael Bassey Johnson
32. “Share your weaknesses. Share your hard moments. Share your real side. It’ll either scare away every fake person in your life or it will inspire them to finally let go of that mirage called “perfection,” which will open the doors to the most important relationships you’ll ever be a part of.” – Dan Pearce
33. “It may…be judged indecent in me to come forward on this occasion; but when I see a fellow-creature about to perish through the cowardice of her pretended friends, I wish to be allowed to speak, that I may say what I know of her character.” – Mary Shelley
34. “Better an honest enemy than a false friend.” – German Proverb
35. “As I get older, I realize just because I’m invited doesn’t mean I have to accept.”― Carlos Wallace
36. “Trolls and haters are only distractions from your greater purpose. When you achieve your goals and success, not only will the trolls and haters be forgotten, but they will definitely be looked upon as the biggest fools.” – Kaitlin Gow
37. “You got nothing to lose. You don’t lose when you lose fake friends.” – Joan Jett
38. “If people are hating on you it’s often because they are: 1. Threatened by you, 2. Jealous of you or 3. Feeling like you’re above them so they put you down to feel better about themselves. The greatest people have haters for a reason, so take it as a compliment.” ― Jeanette Coron
39. “Sometimes it’s not the person who changes, it’s the mask that falls off.” – Mhaj Porras
40. “True friendship can afford true knowledge. It does not depend on darkness and ignorance.” – Henry David Thoreau
Fake friends quotes 2022 and fake people quotes to help you manage
41. “A friendship that can cease has never been real.” – St. Jerome
42. “If you are not going to be a comfort, have the decency to be an empty space.” – Jennifer Crusie
43. “You would always have undesired people around you but desired ones are least likely” ― Pushpa Rana
44. “We teach people how to treat us.” – Dr. Phil
45. “Fire false friends as early as possible. Do it before they dig out the dream seeds you’ve planted. The earlier, the better; the quicker, the safer.” – Israelmore Ayivor
46. “Being betrayed is one of the most valuable lessons life can teach.” – Shania Twain
47. “Buy a gift for a dog and you will be amazed at the way it will dance and swerve its tail, but if you don’t have anything to offer it, it won’t even recognize your arrival; such are the attributes of fake friends.” – Michael Bassey Johnson
Also, read these manipulation quotes to keep toxic people away.
48. “Humans are more venomous than snakes.” – Atef Ashab Uddin Sahil
49. “At some point you have to realize that some people can stay in your heart but not in your life.” – Sandi Lynn
50. “An insincere and evil friend is more to be feared than a wild beast; a wild beast may wound your body, but an evil friend will wound your mind.” – Buddha
Fake friends quotes about people and their lies
51. “Life is all about losing friends, the people you know. So, just that you get better at finding the ones worth suffering for.” ― Mohit Kaushik
52. “We never lose friends, fake ones are exposed.” ― Carlos Wallace
53. “Being too nice is a crime today. Fake friends are everywhere around you. They will use you and when you are of no use, throw you away like a wrapper .” ― Shizra
54. “Always be careful of your friend who loves your enemy; you either trust such a fellow for your life or for your death!” ― Ernest Agyemang Yeboah
55. “Fake friends are with you today and against you tomorrow, whatever they say defines them not you .” ― Shizra
56. “Nobody wants to know how you feel, yet, they want you to do what they feel.” ― Michael Bassey Johnson
57. “It is only the great-hearted who can be true friends. The mean and cowardly can never know what true friendship means.” – Charles Kingsley
58. “True friends esteem you of greater worth than you feel deserving. False friends demand you prove that worth.” ― Richelle E. Goodrich
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our selection of friendship quotes celebrating life-long relationships.
59. “An honest enemy is better than a best friend who lies.” – Vandi Tanko
60. “Be very careful of who you share your problem with, remember that not every friend that smiles at you is your best friend.” – Kemmy Nola
Fake friends quotes to help you treasure the true ones
61. “You never lose Friends.
Real ones will always stay – no matter what
and the fakes, you don’t need anyways.” ― Drishti Bablani
62. “Some people are willing to betray years of friendship just to get a little bit of the spotlight.” – Lauren Conrad
63. “You should be aware of fake friends because it is the hardest to be aware of.” ― Eraldo Banovac
64. “I don’t need a friend who changes when I change and who nods when I nod; my shadow does that much better.” ― Plutarch
65. “Make sure the lions you roll with aren’t snakes in disguise.” – Genereux Philip
66. “Best friends has 11 letters, but so does Backstabber.” – Wiz Khalifa
67. “If you want to be my friend, I prefer honesty to fake praise.” – Christina Strigas
68. “The best defence is to keep off the radar of negative people.” – Steven Redhead
69. “Over a small misunderstanding God will expose how people really feel about you…” -Gugu Mofokeng
70. “A true friend is one who overlooks your failures and tolerates your success!” – Doug Larson
For additional reading, be sure to also check out these letting go quotes for finally moving on.
False friends quotes and sayings
71. “Sometimes the person you’d take a bullet for ends up being behind the gun.” – Tupac
72. “A genuine enemy is more useful than a fake friend.” ― Mokokoma Mokhonoana
73. “You always knew after shitty things happened, who your friends really were.” – Jodi Picoult
74. “What greater wound is there than a false friend?” – Sophocles
75. “False friends leave you in times of trouble.” ― Aesop
76. “Eliminate those fake friends who seem real when you have something and disappear when you have nothing.” – Rashida Rowe
29. “Always sleep with one eye open. Never take anything for granted. Your best friends might just be your enemies.” – Sara Shepard
78. “The worst part of success is trying to find someone who is happy for you.” – Bette Midler
79. “Lots of people want to ride with you in the limo, but what you want is someone who will take the bus with you when the limo breaks down.” – Oprah Winfrey
80. “Fake people are like soap bubbles, they pop out when the sun shines brightly.” ― Chiranjude Bird
Quotes about fake friends and betrayal
81. “It’s hard to tell who has your back, from who has it long enough just to stab you in it….” ― Nicole Richie
82. “The worst pain in the world goes beyond the physical. Even further beyond any other emotional pain one can feel. It is the betrayal of a friend.” ― Heather Brewer
83. “It is more shameful to distrust our friends than to be deceived by them.”― Confucius
84. “It is easier to forgive an enemy than to forgive a friend.”― William Blake
85. “To me, the thing that is worse than death is betrayal. You see, I could conceive death, but I could not conceive betrayal.”― Malcolm X
86. “Stab the body and it heals, but injure the heart and the wound lasts a lifetime.”― Mineko Iwasaki
87. “Betrayal is common for men with no conscience.”― Toba Beta
88. “Betrayal is never easy to handle and there is no right way to accept it.”― Christine Feehan
89. “Shattered legs may heal in time, but some betrayals fester and poison the soul.”― George R.R. Martin
90. “Betray a friend and you’ll often find you have ruined yourself.” — Aesop
You might also like these I’m Sorry quotes for when you can’t find the right words.
Quotes about fake people and jealousy
91. “If you’re absent during my struggle, don’t expect to be present during my success.” ― Will Smith
92. “When you see the genuine, you don’t deal with the fakes anymore.”― Nima Davani
93. “What’s the whole point of being pretty on the outside when you’re so ugly on the inside?”― Jess C. Scott
94. “I love fake people provided they are mannequins.”― Pushpa Rana
95. “life is too short for fake butter or fake people.”― Karen Salmansohn
96. “Feigned interest is worse than brutal honesty.”― Stewart Stafford
97. “If they talk about other people with you, they will talk about you with other people.”― Carlos Wallace
98. “When people smile at a rich man, they are smiling at his wallet.”― Matshona Dhliwayo
99. “Anyone can just speak words, but only one that is tried-and-true can mean them.”― Terry O’Neal
100. “The fake people do not dare to come out from their mask and face the truth of the real ones.”― Ehsan Sehgal
Fake people quotes and sayings to remember
101. “You don’t lose friends because real friends can never be lost. You lose people masquerading as friends, and you’re better for it.” ― Mandy Hale
102. “Fake relationships and fake people coming up to me and all of a sudden wanting to be my friend.” – Jason Ritter
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of toxic relationships quotes that will remind you it’s time to make some big changes.
103. “I hate those who play with feelings of others.” – Dominic Carey
104. “A fake friend is an enemy in disguise.” – Ellen J. Barrier
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of gossip quotes that will help you eliminate rumors from your life.
105. “If I doubt your intentions I will never trust your actions.” – Carlos Wallace
106. “Spend your time with those who love you unconditionally, not with those who only love you under certain conditions.” – Suzy Kassem
107. “People wear masks of lies so that they look attractive, so be careful.” – Muhammad Saqib
108. “If you choose bad companions, no one will believe that you are anything but bad yourself.” – Aesop
109. “You can’t always go by actions because some people will ACT like they love you just to get what they want from you.” – Sonya Parker
110. “Fake friends believe in rumors. Real friends believe in you.” – Yolanda Hadid
111. “The word “friend” is a label anyone can try on. You decide who is best suited to wear it.” – Carlos Wallace
112. “No one forced you to love me, so why did you need to pretend? Your lies have left me heartbroken.” – Shami Paulin
113. “Just like seasons, people also change. But the difference is, once gone, seasons come back.” – Himanshu Chhabra
114. “Stop falling for those who won’t raise you up in the future.” – Michael Bassey Johnson
115. “One should have the ability to distinguish between real and fake. Specially Real and Fake Love.” – George Femtom
You’ll also love these new friends quotes celebrating our ability to make adult friends.
More fake people quotes and fake friends sayings
116. “It is necessary, and even vital, to set standards for your life and the people you allow in it.” – Mandy Hale
117. “True friends esteem you of greater worth than you feel deserving. False friends demand you prove that worth.” – Richelle E. Goodrich
118. “The real friends are out there on your own, on your lost and on your special days. If they aren’t there, take it like they aren’t your friends, find other friends.” – Deyth Banger
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of sad love quotes to help you deal with difficult emotions.
119. “One fake friend can do more harm than 10 enemies… Be smart choosing your friends.” – Ziad K. Abdelnour
120. “A friend to all is a friend to none.” – Aristotle
121. “There are few things worse than mistaking an enemy for a friend.” – Wayne Gerard Trotman
122. “Goodbye is the best ever gift that you can receive from worse friends.” – Israelmore Ayivor
123. “Pretend to be poor in reality and you’ll notice a decrease in your friends list and request.” – Michael Bassey Johnson
124. “The only wolves we got to fear are the ones that wear manskin.” – George RR Marin
125. “You cannot expect to live a positive life if you hang with negative people.” – Joel Osteen
126. “The problem is, people are being hated when they’re real and loved when they’re fake.” – Bob Marley
127. “I’ve got more respect for someone who comes out and says they don’t like me than for the ones who act like they do but talk bad about me when I’m not around.” – Mitchell Perry
128. “Most people want to see you to do better, but not doing better than them.” – London Mond
129. “You’ll be surrounded by many so-called well-wishers during your good times but there’ll be only a few ones around you in your bad times.” – Anurag Prakash Ray
130. “There are folks you just don’t need. You’re better off without them. Your life is just a little better because they ain’t in it.” – William Gay
Fake friend quotes about the hard truths of friendship
131. “Some of my “best friends” never say a word to me.” – Emily Smallmon
132. “In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.” – Martin Luther King Jr.
133. “A false friend and a shadow attend only while the sun shines.” — Benjamin Franklin
134. “Convince people that you need them, and watch what they do.” – Wayne Gerard Trotman
135. “Stop letting people who do so little for you control so much of your mind, feelings, and emotions.” – Will Smith
136. “Fake friends often save you from being naive.” – Dr. P.S. Jagadeesh Kumar
137. “Never give your attention to someone who deserves your silence.” – Emma Xu
138. “A friend is one who knows you and loves you just the same.” – Elbert Hubbard
139. “Money and power attract friends. But it’s not you they’re friends with – just your money and power. Only affection brings genuine friends.” — Auliq-Ice
140. “In the beginning, some people try to appear that everything about them is ‘in black and white,’ until later their true colors come out.” ―Anthony Liccione
Fake friend quotes about enemies and friends
141. “It is always easier to fight for one’s principles than to live up to them.” ― Alfred Adler
142. “A real friend is one who walks in when the rest of the world walks out.” — Walter Winchell
143. “A true friend never gets in your way unless you happen to be going down.” — Arnold H. Glasow
144. “A person’s character is shown through their actions in life, not where they sit on Sunday.” ―Navonne Johns
145. “What a desperate, pathetic fool I was. Time after time, my “friends” had shown me their true colors. Yet, I still wanted to believe they were sorry for causing me pain.” – Jodee Blanco
146. “Having fake friends is like hugging cactus. The tighter you hug, the more pain you get.” — Riza Prasetyaningsih
147. “Don’t be sad or afraid when you start losing friends, be glad you’re getting rid of the fake ones. Stay true to yourself.” — Terry Mark
148. “Being fake in life is going to attract you fake reactions, fake crap, and fake friends. Just be real with yourself and others and things will be fine.” — Derrick Robinson
149. “It’s funny how the people who know the least about you, always have the most to say.” ―Auliq Ice
150. “Cut off fake people for real reasons, not real people for fake reasons.” ― Ritu Ghatourey
Fake friend quotes about lies, secrets, and pretending
151. “Fake friends are like shadows: always near you at your brightest moments, but nowhere to be seen at your darkest hour. True friends are like stars, you don’t always see them but they are always there.” – Habeeb Akande
152. “Fake friends get mad when we don’t pretend to like them.” ― Carlos Wallace
153. “They’re not happy for you because they wish it was them.” ― Carlos Wallace
154. “You are not really one of some of your friends’ friends.” ― Mokokoma Mokhonoana
155. “We sometimes wish for the prosperity of someone who is secretly praying for our downfall.” ― Mokokoma Mokhonoana
156. “We have to be cautious of who we allow in our circle because a frenemy can be more destructive than an enemy.” ― Angel Moreira
157. “This is what happens. You tell your friends your most personal secrets, and they use them against you.” ― Sophie Kinsella, Shopaholic Ties the Knot
158. “Hard times and fake friends are like oil and water: they don’t mix.”― Nkwachukwu Ogbuagu
159. “We would never become friends with most if not all of the people with whom we have been friends for many years, if we had met them only a few weeks ago.” ― Mokokoma Mokhonoana
160. “We have to be cautious of who we allow in our circle because a frenemy can be more destructive than an enemy.”― Angel Moreira
Fake people quotes and what we really think about them
161. “A fake friend indeed is a friend only in his need.”― Jagadeesh Kumar
162. “One of the main roles of our financial problems is to weed out our fake friends.”― Mokokoma Mokhonoana
163. “As far as I’m concerned, all politicians are fake people.” — Neil Sedaka
164. “I think it’s better to have less friends than to have fake friends.” — Hina Khan
165. “Because I hate fake people and I always think I’m never fake.” — Victoria Jackson
166. “I can’t stand fake people. I can feel it when someone feigns it.” — Jacqueline Fernandez
167. “People say they hate having fake people around, but when you keep it real, they hate you even more. People don’t like the truth.” — DeMarcus Cousins
168. “I think the celebrities today, not all of them, but just the whole industry frustrates me because it is so fake. People pretend to be, a lot of the time, what they’re not.” — Tulisa
169. “Fake love is to money what fire is to hay, there only remain ash when it is over”― Bangambiki Habyarimana
170. “We must learn to sanitize our environment from time to time to remove bad associates”― Victor Walsh Oluwafemi
Funny fake friends quotes
171. “Crocodiles are easy. They try to kill and eat you. People are harder. They pretend to be your friend first.” – Steve Irwin
172. “Fake people are like costume jewelry: they look great for a while, then all of a sudden, their true selves ‘Shine’ thru.” ― Nitya Prakash
173. “Being fake is so common now that being real is seen as offensive.” – Chris Ruden
174. “Act like you trust people, but don’t.” ― Mayank Chawla
175. “Fake people have an image to maintain, real people just don’t care.” – Hachiman Hikigaya
176. “There should never be a time you make time for people who waste your time.” ― Carlos Wallace
177. “Sometimes I need what only you can provide: your absence.” – Ashleigh Brilliant
178. “Three belongings impoverish: love, hope and fake friendships.” ― Tiziri Wuming
179. “The most dangerous among us come dressed as angels and we learn too late they are the devil in disguise.” ― Carlos Wallace
180. “Incessant smiling is one of the deadly tools used by someone whose intent is to make others cry.” ― Michael Bassey Johnson
Were you able to relate to these fake friends quotes and sayings?
Whether you’re currently dealing with toxic friendships, a fake friend, or even acknowledging the natural pruning of social relationships, find the positives in the negative.
Then just move on.
Take the time to focus on your own strengths.
Do what brings you joy.
Live your life with a positive outlook and cherish the genuine friends who have stayed with you through hard times.
Which fake friend quote resonated with you best?
Do you have any other favorite quotes about fake people to add to the list?
Let us know in the comment section below.
We would love to hear all about it.